Our 432-cc 25-hp portable outboard sports a new, streamlined, portable design and class-leading power-to-weight. In fact, it’s the lightest 25-hp outboard on the water—two-stroke or four-stroke. While its streamlined design is 25 percent lighter, it still packs exciting features like battery-less EFI. Pull-start models can now take advantage of this feature, plus the system is designed with an automatic decompression device to require even less effort for manual starting.
Power & Performance
- Efficient Power: The F25, F20 and F15 all feature a two-valve-per-cylinder, single-overhead-camshaft design that provides better breathing and more power.
- Optimum Performance: An optimally balanced crankshaft and labyrinth exhaust deliver smooth power, while Microcomputer Ignition adjusts timing to maintain maximum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions
Reliability & Durability
- Optimal Operation: CDI Microcomputer Ignition monitors throttle position, engine speed and atmospheric conditions in order to precisely adjust ignition timing under all conditions for optimum ignition performance, ensuring smooth and reliable operation.
- Wet Sump: A pressurized oil delivery system incorporates a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their SOHC systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
- Engine Warning System: Protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Portable four-stroke outboards.
Convenience & Control
- Max Maneuverability: A 45-degree steering angle in each direction means great maneuvering potential.
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
- Portability and Storage: Incredible light weights, built-in resting pads and carry handles, an easy oil retention system and an optional folding tiller handle, allow for easy carrying and on-side storage without oil leakage or cowling scuffs.
Model Specific Features
- Available for remote mechanical or tiller-handle control
- Only 126 pounds (15” shaft model)
- Available in 15” and 20” shaft lengths
- Powerful 16-amp alternator
- Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®) is standard when equipped with new factory-equipped tiller handle or optional Multi-Function Tiller Handle, a Command Link® tachometer or dash mounted VTS switch
- Engine Type: 2 cyl
- Displacement: 432cc
- Bore x Stroke: 65 x 65.1mm / (2.56 x 2.56 in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 25 hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 - 6000
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 16 amp
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight*: 65kg (143 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 2-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 4
- Ignition: CDI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: DPR6EB-9
- Alternator Output: 16 Amp
- Starting System: Electric & Manual
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.1L/1.0L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 2.00:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20"
- Degree of Tilt: 62° - 63°
- Degree of Trim: -3° through +16°
- Dry Weight: 65kg (143 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: N/A
- Steering Angle (maximum): 45° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial
Weight refers to shortest shaft length, and is measured without motor oil, gearcase oil and propeller (except models 25 hp and under, which include a standard propeller). All Jet model weights include the jet pump assembly (weight estimated).